Get the Friday Wallet Pass
We are excited to announce a new resource for Friday members, the Friday Wallet Pass. The wallet pass has core information you need from your member ID card and can be used at your doctor's office and pharmacy to help access your Friday benefits.
Members can view the wallet pass with their Apple® or Android™ phone once they receive a Friday Flash text message inviting them to download their pass.
Before you download your wallet pass, here are things to know:
For Apple Users
- Once your wallet pass is installed, click "..." on the top or bottom right-hand corner of the pass to view more information on the back of the pass, including pharmacy and benefit details. See the screenshot below.
For Android Users
- Once the wallet pass is installed, you'll need to launch the Google Pay™ app to view it. If you need more help, view the details below.
- To view more information, including pharmacy details, select "Details" at the bottom of the screen. See the screenshot below.
Questions? Here are other common questions and answers you may have regarding your Friday Wallet Pass:
Is the Friday Wallet Pass the same thing as my member ID?
The wallet pass does not replace your member ID card. It is an additional resource that provides core information from your member ID card to help you access your Friday benefits. You should still carry your paper member ID card because some doctors and pharmacists will request to see it.
How do I get my Friday Wallet Pass?
You can access your Friday Wallet Pass when you get a Friday Flash text message notification with directions. Once you register for the Friday Flash text messages, you will receive a text message invitation within the next few weeks to access your wallet pass.
Can my family members who are also on my Friday plan get one?
Yes, your family members ages 18+ can get their own Friday Wallet Pass. Please ensure they are registered for the Friday Flash to get a text message inviting them to download their pass. Please note that the invitation may come a few weeks after the notification.
I got my text message invitation, but it took me to a page to verify my information. Is this okay?
Yes, if this is your first text message from the Friday Flash, you must verify your identity with your member ID, mobile number, date of birth, and last four digits of your social security number.
I have an Android phone. How do I download my pass for the first time?
Before you can download your Friday Wallet Pass on your Android phone, you must install and set up Google Pay.
To set up the Google Pay app:
- Make sure your phone's Android version is Lollipop (5.0) or higher.
- Download Google Pay by tapping the first link below.
- Open the Google Pay app and follow the setup instructions.
- Tap the second link below to download your Friday Wallet Pass.
If your Google Pay app disappeared after you open it for the first time, it may be because the app is not on your main screen. To show it again, in your device settings, change the Home Screen setting to Drawer or Show all apps.
Once you have installed Google Pay, you can open the app to view your pass.
I have my wallet pass but only see my name, member ID, and plan type. Where is the rest of the information?
If you have an Apple device, please click on the "…" on the top or bottom right-hand corner of the screen to view the back of the pass. For Android users, select "Details" at the bottom of the screen. On the back of the wallet pass, you'll be able to view the following details:
- Pharmacy benefit information
- Primary care, specialist, urgent care, ER, and hospital coverage on your plan
- Customer service phone numbers
- Claim information for providers
While the information is similar to your member ID card, the wallet pass will not replace your member ID card and is an additional resource.
What is the QR code for?
The QR code is on there for future use but does not impact anything with your wallet pass.