Special Enrollment Period
Please note: The SEP is different in 2021 due to the COVID pandemic, and you can buy a plan through August 15, 2021.
After August 15, 2021 these are the criteria to qualify for buying a plan:
The 2021 Open Enrollment period has ended and enrollment in a Friday Health Plan can only occur if a Qualifying Life Event (QLE) has been experienced. A list of Qualifying Life Events and Required Documentation is below.
Qualifying Life Event
Involuntary loss of coverage
Proof of prior coverage including Certificate of Creditable Coverage
Loss of Medicaid or CHP+ coverage
Letter from Medicaid verifying loss of coverage and coverage dates
Loss of coverage due to change in dependent status such as divorce or legal separation, death, or turning 26
Divorce decree or legal separation
Death certificate or obituary
Proof of age and evidence of loss of creditable coverage
Gaining or becoming a dependent through birth, adoption, placement for adoption, or placement in foster care
Birth certificate, adoption documents, or foster care documents
Marriage or civil union
Marriage license or common law documentation
Relocation to Colorado from a foreign country or United States territory
Utility statement, rental/purchase agreement or another creditable source listing new address
Relocation to a new county within Colorado
Proof of prior coverage in the last 60 days and utility statement, rental/purchase agreement or another creditable source listing new address
Court order for coverage
Court documents stating same
Other (not listed above)
Documents providing verification of QLE
To ensure your application is processed correctly:
- Applications must be received within 60 days after the triggering event. To avoid a gap in coverage, completed applications may be submitted up to 60 days in advance of a known and eligible triggering event.
- Supporting documentation is required before an application can be approved for coverage. Please send copies only, as originals will not be returned.
- Email the required documentation to: email@example.com
- Once the application has been approved, the initial premium payment must be paid.
- If additional information is required, you will be contacted directly.
- Coverage will not be in force without payment and the required documentation.
Don't pay more for insurance than you have to—you may qualify for a subsidy. Subsidies can lower monthly premiums and also provide discounts on health care. If your annual income is less than $49,960 you may qualify if you enroll through a marketplace plan. Learn more at Connect for Health Colorado.
Here at Friday Health Plans we’ve taken several steps to ensure you are supported and can access needed care during the recent coronavirus threat. Learn more about COVID-19 member support.