Special Enrollment Period
The 2020 Open Enrollment period has ended and enrollment in a Friday Health Plan can only occur if a Qualifying Life Event (QLE) has been experienced. A list of Qualifying Life Events and Required Documentation is below.
Qualifying Life Event
Involuntary loss of coverage
Proof of prior coverage including Certificate of Creditable Coverage
Loss of Medicaid or CHP+ coverage
Letter from Medicaid verifying loss of coverage and coverage dates
Loss of coverage due to change in dependent status such as divorce or legal separation, death, or turning 26
Divorce decree or legal separation
Death certificate or obituary
Proof of age and evidence of loss of creditable coverage
Gaining or becoming a dependent through birth, adoption, placement for adoption, or placement in foster care
Birth certificate, adoption documents, or foster care documents
Marriage or civil union
Marriage license or common law documentation
Relocation to Colorado from a foreign country or United States territory
Utility statement, rental/purchase agreement or another creditable source listing new address
Relocation to a new county within Colorado
Proof of prior coverage in the last 60 days and utility statement, rental/purchase agreement or another creditable source listing new address
Court order for coverage
Court documents stating same
Other (not listed above)
Documents providing verification of QLE
To ensure your application is processed correctly:
- Applications must be received within 60 days after the triggering event. To avoid a gap in coverage, completed applications may be submitted up to 60 days in advance of a known and eligible triggering event.
- Supporting documentation is required before an application can be approved for coverage. Please send copies only, as originals will not be returned.
- Email the required documentation to: email@example.com
- Once the application has been approved, the initial premium payment must be paid.
- If additional information is required, you will be contacted directly.
- Coverage will not be in force without payment and the required documentation.
Assistance is available to many Coloradans, and you can check to see if you qualify at Colorado Health Exchange/Connect for Health at this link. You may purchase a Friday plan on Connect for Health at a lower rate if you qualify for a subsidy.
Here at Friday Health Plans we’ve taken several steps to ensure you are supported and can access needed care during the recent coronavirus threat. Learn more about COVID-19 member support.