COVID-19 Member Support
Here at Friday Health Plans, we’ve taken several steps to ensure you are supported and can access needed care during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.
$0 COVID-19 Testing and Treatment
- Friday Health Plans will cover testing and treatment of COVID-19 at no cost to members–no coinsurance and no copays.
$0 At-Home COVID-19 Tests
Starting January 15, 2022, Friday members can receive up to eight at-home COVID tests per 30-day period (that cost $12 or less) for $0 when purchased at a Friday in-network pharmacy. Here are the details:
- Members will need to bring a copy of their member ID and complete the transaction with the pharmacy. Each Friday member in a household can purchase eight at-home COVID tests per 30-day period. Many major pharmacy chains accept Friday Health Plans. Please visit our Pharmacy RX Resources page to find a pharmacy near you.
- If a member purchases an at-home COVID test at an out-of-network pharmacy or opts to pay out of pocket at the time of purchase, the member can submit a reimbursement of up to $12, or the cost of a test, whichever is less. Please submit this form for reimbursement to Capital Rx: Attn: Claims Dept., 228 Park Avenue South, Suite 87234, New York, NY 10003. Capital RX will process your request within 10-15 of receiving your form.
Friday Health Plans will cover the vaccine at $0 to members.
If you are required to pay upfront at an out-of-network provider, you can submit a request for reimbursement by sending a copy of your receipt and itemized statement from the provider to email@example.com. Please make sure the statement includes your name, service date, amount paid, and services charged.
Learn more about COVID-19 vaccines on the CDC website.
Connect with remote doctor resources for free–sign up for Teladoc
You can talk to a doctor by phone or live video at no cost through Teladoc. Doctors can answer questions about the coronavirus, evaluate your health risk, and if you need medical testing, provide support to help relieve symptoms, addressing both physical and mental health needs. Create a Teladoc account now.
- If you’re new to Teladoc, review the FAQ’s on their website.
- For the fastest support, access Teladoc through the mobile app or web
- Before your first visit, set up your Teladoc account, including completing your medical history on your account setup page. Completing your medical history ahead of time can accelerate visit requests.
Home health coverage
For patients who, as determined by a medical provider, can be appropriately monitored and treated at home, outside a health care facility setting, carriers are reminded that they must provide coverage for necessary medical equipment and medications for in-home treatment. This may include the following durable medical equipment and medications as deemed medically necessary by the treating provider:
- Any medications determined to be medically appropriate for the treatment of COVID-19
- Home infusion therapy
- Electrocardiographs and cardiac monitors
Friday Health Plans will cover an additional one-time early refill of any necessary prescriptions to make sure you have medications in the event you need to limit contact with others.
Access more COVID-19 resources and updates through the CDC.
This information is not medical advice. If you have any medical concerns, please reach out to your doctor. As always, if you face a life-threatening illness or symptoms, head to your nearest emergency room or call 911.