- Medicare Website
This is the official government website with information and answers to questions about choosing Medicare coverage: www.medicare.gov (by clicking this link you will be leaving the Friday Health Plans website)
- Medicare Helpline
This is the official government phone number for information about choosing Medicare coverage: 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048, 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- Social Security Administration
Here’s where you’ll get help with questions about eligibility requirements for Medicare coverage. Medicare beneficiaries eligible for special subsidy programs must complete income verification forms through the Social Security Administration (SSA): Visit them online at www.ssa.gov (by clicking this link you will be leaving the Friday Health Plans website) or call 1-800-772-1213 TTY 1-800-325-0778.
- Administration on Aging
This web site features a wide variety of topics, programs and services related to aging: www.aoa.gov (by clicking this link you will be leaving the Friday Health Plans website)
- If you would like to file a Medicare Complaint, click on the following link: https://www.medicare.gov/MedicareComplaintForm/home.aspx (by clicking this link you will be leaving the Friday Health Plans website)
Clinical Practice Guidelines
- U.S. Preventive Services Task Force A and B Recommendations 2019
- Contraception (2018)
- Depression During and After Pregnancy
- A Journalist’s Guide to Shaken Baby Syndrome: A Preventable Tragedy A part of CDC’s“Heads Up” Series
- Bright Futures: Prevention and Health Promotion for Infants, Children, Adolescents, and their Families
- Bright Futures Activity Book
- The Well-Child Visit: Why Go and What to Expect April 2019
- 2019 Recommended Vaccinations: birth – 6 years, 7-18 years, resources for parents
- Help Your Child Gain Control Over Asthma November 2014
- Asthma (CDC) 2019
- Asthma action Plan April 2007
- Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD) Reports 2019
- My Cholesterol Guide 2018
- What is Blood Pressure?
- Hypertension Guideline Toolkit 2019
- Steps for Accurate Blood Pressure Measurement 2018
- American Diabetes Association 2019
- Healthier Living with Heart Failure: Managing Symptoms and Reducing Risk 2017
- Self-Check Plan for Heart Failure Management of Heart Failure 3/19
- Patient Health Questionnaire (PHQ) Screeners 2018
- STEADI Stopping Elderly Accidents, Deaths & Injuries CDC 2017
- Violence Prevention CDC 2016
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Health
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255
- Welcome to the Eldercare Locator: connecting to services for older adults and their families 2019
- Understanding Elder Abuse 2016
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) – Patient and Caregiver Resources 2019 (Requires registration for free access)
- 2019 Postpartum Care Visit
- 2019 Prenatal Clinical Guidelines
- 2019 Provider Clinical Practice Guidelines
You can ask someone to act on your behalf. If you want to, you can name another person to act for you as your “representative” to ask for a coverage decision or make an appeal.
- If you think you may have already designated or been assigned a representative, please contact us at 719-589-3696, TTY users should call 1-800-659-2656.
- If you want a friend, relative, your doctor or other provider, or other person to be your representative, please complete the Appoint a Representative Form. Fill out the form completely and fax Attn to: Customer Service at 719-589-4901. The form is also available on Medicare’s website here (by clicking this link you will be leaving the Friday Health Plans website). The form gives that person permission to act on your behalf. It must be signed by you and by the person whom you would like to act on your behalf.
Process or Status Questions
For information related to process or status questions, contactFriday Health Plans at 719-589-3696 if calling from within the San Luis Valley or at 1-800-475-8466 if calling from outside the San Luis Valley. (TTY users should call 1-800-659-2656). Hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Out-of-Network Coverage Rules
Remember, you can get care from non-network providers without a prior authorization. However, if you use non-plan providers for care that is not emergent or urgently needed, you will have to pay the Original Medicare Plan cost-sharing amounts (such as deductibles, co-payments, and coinsurance).
Friday Health Plans of Colorado is a health plan with a Medicare Contract. Enrollment in Friday’s Medicare cost plan depends on contract renewal.
This information is not a complete description of benefits. Contact the plan for more information.
Limitations, copayments, and restrictions may apply.
You are eligible to enroll if you are entitled to Medicare Part A and/or enrolled in Medicare Part B and you live in the Friday Health Plans of Colorado service area. You must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium if not otherwise paid for under Medicaid or by another third party. Eligible beneficiaries can enroll in Friday Health Plans at any time.
You can use any doctor who is part of Fiday’s network. You may also go to doctors outside of our network. We may not pay for services you receive outside of our network, but Medicare will pay for its share of charges it approves. You will be responsible for paying the Medicare deductible and coinsurance for those services, unless they were authorized in advance by Friday Health Plans of Colorado.
Please reference the Evidence of Coverage for information on premiums, cost-sharing, out-of-network coverage, rights and responsibilities upon disenrollment and any applicable conditions associated with using the plan benefits.
Information is available in alternative formats or languages. Please call 1-800-475-8466 (TTY users should call 1-800-659-2656) for details. Se puede presentar la información acerca del plan en un formato o idioma distinto. Para solicitar un documento en español, favor de llamar a Atención al Cliente, al número telefónico indicado debajo.
Friday Health Plans of Colorado complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
For more information, contact Customer Service at 719-589-3696 if calling from within the San Luis Valley or at 1-800-475-8466 if calling from outside the San Luis Valley. (TTY users should call 1-800-659-2656). Hours are 8:00 am to 8:00 pm, 7 days a week , Oct 1 – Feb 14, and 8:00 am to 8:00 pm., Monday through Friday, Feb 15 – Sep 30. (Para asistencia en Español, llame al 719-589-3696 o al 1-800-475-8466).
Information is current as of 03/2018. Please contact our Customer Services department to verify that you have the most up to date information.
H0657_2018 Website Changes pending