The Open Enrollment period has ended and enrollment in a Friday Health Plan can only occur if a Qualifying Life Event (QLE) has been experienced. There are different types of Qualifying Life Events:
Loss of minimum essential health coverage
- Losing existing health coverage, including job-based, individual, and student plans
- Losing eligibility for Medicare, Medicaid, or CHIP
- Turning 26 and losing coverage through a parent’s plan
Changes in household
- Getting married or divorced
- Having a baby or adopting a child
- Death in the family
Changes in residence
- Moving to a different ZIP code or county
- A student moving to or from the place they attend school
- A seasonal worker moving to or from the place they both live and work
- Moving to or from a shelter or other transitional housing
Other qualifying events
- Changes in your income that affect the coverage or financial assistance you qualify for
- Gaining membership in a federally recognized tribe or status as an Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA) Corporation shareholder
- Becoming a U.S. citizen
- Leaving incarceration (jail or prison)
- AmeriCorps members starting or ending their service
The following are examples, not a full list.
To ensure your application is processed correctly:
- Applicants must enroll through bewellnm.
- To learn more visit bewellnm's special enrolment page.
- A qualifying event must be reported to beWellnm within 60 days of the event. Loss of minimum essential coverage can be reported 60 days prior to the event. bewellnm may ask you to submit additional information to prove the qualifying event.