Vaccines prevent four-five MILLION deaths every year, according to the World Health Organization. Friday Health Plans would like to take the time to discuss the importance of getting vaccinated and the free resources available to YOU with your Friday plan.
Why Get Vaccinated?
Vaccines prevent deaths every year for all age groups from diseases like diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (whooping cough), influenza, and more. Getting jabbed by a needle may not be your favorite activity, but ensuring you and your family are up to date every year on the protection you need can save you from getting seriously sick. Not all vaccines are created the same way, but each is tested and ensured safe before being released for use. Ask your primary care physician what vaccines are recommended for you. Be sure to share your vaccination history with them during your $0 annual wellness visit.
$0 Vaccines All plans have access to a wide range of vaccines to help keep you in ship shape. You can get these vaccines at your primary care doctor’s office or through a Friday covered pharmacy:
- A severe infection caused by strains of bacteria called Corynebacterium diphtheriae.
- Hepatitis A
- Is a liver infection only preventable by vaccine.
- Hepatitis B
- Is also a liver infection spread by bodily fluids.
- Herpes Zoster (shingles)
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
- Is a commonly transmitted STI that can cause cancers later in life.
- Influenza (flu shot)
- Is a highly contagious respiratory infection.
- Can lead to severe blood infections and is caused by bacteria.
- Is a virus that is preventable with a vaccine.
- Pertussis (whooping cough)
- A highly contagious respiratory disease.
- Helps prevent forms of pneumonia.
- Also known as German measles, is a type of respiratory infection.
- Is an infection caused by bacteria and is also known as “lockjaw.”
- Varicella (Chickenpox)
- Is highly contagious and usually results in a rash over the whole body.
Please speak to your doctor about the vaccinations they may recommend to ensure you get the best care.
Friday Health Plans will cover the vaccine at $0 to members. The CDC recommends vaccinations for everyone ages five and up. Visit the CDC website for more details.
If you are required to pay upfront at an out-of-network provider, you can submit a request for reimbursement by sending a copy of your receipt and itemized statement from the doctor or pharmacist to email@example.com. Please make sure the statement includes your name, service date, amount paid, and services charged.
Have Questions or Concerns?