Can I Still Enroll in Health Insurance?
You may have heard that if you didn’t buy a health plan during Open Enrollment, then you missed the boat on health insurance for the whole year. And that’s true — unless you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
What’s a Special Enrollment Period (SEP)?
A time period when you can sign up and start your health insurance, regardless of whether it’s the official Open Enrollment Period (November 1 to mid-January). An SEP is triggered by what’s called a Qualifying Life Event.
What’s a Qualifying Life Event?
To qualify for a Special Enrollment Period, you must have a Qualifying Life Event, such as:
- Divorce or legal separation
- Birth or adoption of a dependent
- Loss of Medicaid
- Involuntary loss of coverage (cancelling your plan or failing to pay your premiums does not count as involuntary loss)
- Return from military duty
- Relocation to Colorado
- Relocation to a new country within Colorado
- Court order for coverage
- Other (not listed above, but you can check here)
Please review this page to see all of the required documentation for each Qualifying Life Event.
How do I purchase a Friday Health Plan outside of Open Enrollment?
That depends on whether you’re buying an off-exchange plan (directly through us), or an on-exchange plan (through Connect for Health Colorado).
- If you’re buying an off-exchange health plan, please check out our plans on the Friday website. Email the required documentation to our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org. You’ll receive instructions to make your first month’s payment. If additional information is required, we’ll get in touch with you directly.
- If you think you could qualify for financial assistance with the cost of your health plan (don’t rule it out! single folks making up to $43,000 annually can qualify), then you’ll want to buy an on-exchange health plan. Visit Connect for Health Colorado. You’ll still need to send us proof that you experienced a Qualifying Life Event, and you’ll need to make your first month’s payment. Then you’ll be all set.
Have questions about Special Enrollment?
Give our friendly, Colorado-based customer service team a call: 800-475-8466. Health insurance can be complicated, and we’re happy to help!