What does this mean? Understand Your Health Insurance Options
We know shopping for insurance is definitely not your typical shopping experience. So many jargony insurance terms and abbreviations -- it's hard to know where even to start. Before you dive further into the process, we're here to help simplify our plans for you.
The Catastrophic Plan from Friday Health Plans
Healthy people under the age of 30 don't usually need extensive health insurance plans. They need a basic plan to prevent financial ruin in case of an accident or major illness. The health insurance coverage under the Catastrophic Plan does just that. It also gives you three free in-network visits with your primary care doctor and unlimited $0 virtual visits with Teladoc. The Catastrophic Plan is an affordable option when you need to get coverage with basic individual benefits.
The Bronze Plan from Friday Health Plans
The Bronze Plans are another affordable health insurance option. These plans are less expensive but offer coverage and benefits you'll use like $0 Teladoc visits. Choose from the Bronze, Bronze Plus, and Bronze HSA individual health insurance options.
- The Bronze Plan comes includes an annual no-cost wellness visit and $0 Teladoc visits.
- The Bronze Plus includes no-cost, unlimited, in-network primary care, mental health visits, and $0 Teladoc visits.
- The Bronze HSA health insurance plan includes $0 Teladoc visits and gives you a way to save money for future medical expenses with an HSA.
Silver Plan from Friday Health Plans
Say you have a spouse and kid on your plan who use their health insurance a few times a year. You may be better off financially spending a little more on your monthly premium and get a lower individual and family deductible than you would find with a catastrophic plan. With our health insurance policy plans, you get unlimited free in-network primary care visits, $0 Teladoc visits, and unlimited free in-network mental health visits.
The Silver Plan gives you a nice safety net against medical expenses. You even get access to thousands of generic drugs at no cost as well, so the Silver Plan is an excellent option if you regularly get generic prescriptions filled.
Gold Plan from Friday Health Plans
If you are a heavy user of your health plan due to chronic health problems, the Gold Plan probably makes sense, even with the higher monthly premium.
You get the lowest deductible we offer, along with the unlimited free in-network primary care and mental health visits, $0 Teladoc visits, and $0 generic drugs. Getting a Gold Plan can help keep away some of the worries that come with medical expenses and conditions.
The Special Enrollment Period
Right now, you have the opportunity to sign up for health insurance coverage through a 3-month Special Enrollment Period created by executive order in response to the pandemic. Everyone who is without health insurance is eligible to sign up during this open enrollment, and your coverage begins the first day of the month after you sign up. Your health insurance plan is in effect through the end of 2021. However, the opportunity ends May 15, 2021, so contact us today and let one of our health plan experts help you find the right coverage for you and your family; if you miss out, you'll have to wait until November 1 to purchase a plan next year.
Now, being covered is so important and so many people are unemployed, don't miss your chance to get the coverage you need to take care of yourself and your family. You have three options to sign up for health insurance coverage with Friday Health Plans during this enrollment period:
- You can purchase a plan through the health insurance exchange by starting at healthcare.gov. By purchasing a plan on the exchange, you may qualify for federal assistance to pay for your coverage. Think you make too much money to qualify? You might be surprised, more than half of Americans are eligible for some level of assistance with their premium costs. View this calculator to find out what kind of subsidy you could recieve. Learn more about subsidies here.
- Suppose you don't meet the criteria for federal assistance. In that case, you can purchase insurance plans through a carrier, like Friday Health Plans, that meet the health insurance plan criteria set out by the Affordable Care Act (ACA). We're a one-stop solution where you can compare plan options and information, choose the best one for you, enroll, and pay your first month's premium to get started.
- You can purchase through a healthcare insurance broker that you trust.
It's important to choose a health care plan during enrollment that is compliant with the Affordable Care Act's requirements. All ACA plans cover annual wellness visits, COVID-19 testing and treatments (Yes! Even the COVID-19 vaccine). If you have pre-existing conditions, you can't be denied when you sign up for an ACA plan through a health insurance provider. Be sure that you are getting an ACA-approved plan rather than a Health Care-Sharing Ministry (HCSM), which doesn't guarantee essential benefits and may include limitations on pre-existing conditions.
Why Choose Friday Health Plans
At Friday Health Plans, we craft health plans for folks who take pride in making their own decisions. Self-starters. Freethinkers. People who choose their own paths.
Many of our plans are designed to give you the most value for your dollar. We think you'll like what you see -- because when you're free to be you, every day feels like Friday.
Best of all, every plan we offer is clear, simple, and easy to understand, with no unnecessary frills.